Dr. Benjamin Torrez is a board certified orthopedic surgeon practicing in the Cedar Valley area. Dr. Torrez joined Cedar Valley Medical Specialists in 2013 and has since extended his orthopedic surgery services to reach the Independence area and Vinton areas. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency from Michigan State University’s Pontiac campus, where he received a vast amount of training and education in hip and knee reconstruction, orthopedic trauma, sports medicine, and pediatric orthopedic surgery. While providing expertise in the areas of hip replacement, total knee replacement and shoulder replacement surgery, Dr. Torrez further specializes in procedures meant to correct conditions stemming from various trauma. Dr. Torrez is a professional member of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics (AOAO), the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), and the Orthopedic Trauma Association (OTA).
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery – 2019
- Michigan State University / McLaren Oakland Hospital (Pontiac, MI) – Orthopedic Surgery; 2013
- Kansas City University of Medicine & Bio Sciences (Kansas City, MO) – DO; 2008
- University of Iowa College of Public Health (Iowa City, IA) – Master’s in Public Health with focus on ergonomics and repetitive use related injuries to the upper extremity; 2004
- Detroit Medical Center (Detroit, MI) – Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery, Hip & Knee Reconstruction, Orthopedic Trauma, Sports Medicine
- University Medical Center of Southern Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) – Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
- William Beaumont Hospital (Royal Oak, MI) – Orthopedic Foot & Ankle
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedic (AOAO)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Orthopedic Trauma Association (OTA)
While providing world-class orthopedic care that keeps the Cedar Valley up and moving, Dr. Torrez stays active by spending time with his wife and six children, cheering on the Iowa Hawkeyes and practicing personal fitness & wellness. His primary goal focuses on fulfilling patients’ needs through specified evaluations and treatments that allow them to continue doing the things they love!